Volunteer Opportunities in Ecuador
The following project sites represent some of the world´s hottest ´hot spots´ of biodiversity - from dry tropical forest (less than 2% remaining in Ecuador), coastal humid tropical forest and coastal wet tropical forest (only 0.8% remaining), mangroves, wetlands and cloud forest of the western Andes (one of the ten hotspots of world biodiversity). Your help in supporting these projects will help protect a ´Noahs Ark´ of biodiversity needed for future survival.
* Los Cedros Biological Reserve
* El Milagro
* For other permaculture opportunities, send an email to email@example.com
Los Cedros Biological Reserve
A 6000 hectare pristine Cloud Forest Reserve bordering the Cotacachi Cayapas Reserve.
Location: Western Slopes of the Andes, 6 hours bus from Quito, 6 hours walk.
· Scientific Research
· Community Outreach programs
· Campaigns against mining operationsGroups Involved: RIC, CIBT
More Information ...
Integrated lifestyle model on 35 ha of regenerating cloud forest bordering on 350 ha cloud forest reserve.
Location: Cloud Forest of Western Andes, 2 hours from Otavalo by bus, 40 mins walk
· Permaculture design
· Community outreach (herbal medicine, nutrition, hygene)
· Alternative development examples
· Organic shade grown coffee cultivation
· Networking with surrounding campaigns to protect cloud forest.Groups Involved: Sloth Club, Rainforest Information Centre
Volunteer Living Expenses: $150 per month (food not included)